Java Software Developer – Switzerland – Belgium
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. With our newly acquired Genohm software, SLIMS (the simple LIMS and ELN), we can help the growing market of international laboratories keep up with the technological benchmarks in life science.
The SLIMS software platform is used to manage all information in laboratories. It’s an all-in-one solution that allows customers to trace their samples and integrate their instruments including data lifecycle management. Our solution is currently used worldwide in labs ranging from small research facilities to big government institutions managing millions of samples and results. SLIMS is a web application written in Java.
If you decide to join our team, you will be working with other core developers to maintain the code base and upgrade the SLIMS product. This requires an analytical and creative mind with a firm foundation in coding best practices and Java.
As a Java Software Developer, you will be responsible to work with the dev team to design and implement new features with quality code that improve the platform. Contribute your improvements and ideas; we listen to our team just as much as we value our customer input.
- Independence and collaboration
- Be able to fix bugs and implement features with limited guidance
- Talk with Engineers to understand the customer needs, and with other Developers to design and implement new functionality
- Learn the general SLIMS code base and be able to work into any part of it
- Handle code reviews of large features
- Focus on your core tasks and we reduce your administrative tasks to the absolute minimum
- You have a degree in computer sciences or software engineering (or equivalent).
- Have a strong affinity with immaculate code, good understanding of programming best practices, and understand Java like a second native tongue.
- You are eager to learn and want to keep up to date with the most recent developments in software.
- You work well independently, have a strong sense of initiative, and think analytically to pre-empt and resolve problems.
- Spring, Hibernate, Git, Gradle, Groovy, (Smart)GWT and VAADIN are some of the technologies we use. We would like to listen to your experience with one or more of these.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this position and you have the required qualifications, please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org