The history of Genohm starts in 2002 as a spin-off of the University of Ghent (Belgium). Originally launched as a small 2 person bio-informatics shop, the company has kept building up an extensive bio-informatics consulting expertise within the life sciences R&D world. It was 8 years later, in 2010, that Genohm released SLIMS, its main laboratory software automation suite to enter the lab informatics market.
SLIMS is a digital platform providing laboratories with a seamless, integrated LIMS + ELN environment. Its features track data and samples, tests and users, results and workflows from the original material shipment down to the result from lab machines and in-silico analysis pipelines. Thanks to its flexibility, SLIMS is capable to fully accommodate any need of any diverse lab, from research lab to next-generation sequencing lab, service facility, biobank or QC lab.
One year after the launch of SLIMS, in May 2011, Genohm opened its new HQ at the Innovation Park of the EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland and in January 2016 a US branch in Durham, NC, while keeping its European branch offices in Ghent where the most R&D is performed. Today Genohm proudly serves a growing set of customers in Europe, the Middle East and the US.
At Genohm we are fully aware of the importance to act in a socially responsible manner in regard to transportation. Today, we have the responsibility to travel in an economical and eco-friendly manner whenever possible.
The company supports the utilization of public transportation and e-bikes by providing incentives such as half-fare travel cards and e-bike leasing that are offered to its staff in order to reduce the environmental impact of traffic generated by the company when commuting to work. Even when we are servicing a client abroad, public transportation is our favorite transportation. We do not provide company cars but travel cards and e-bikes to our employees.
At the same time, beside eco-friendly transportation, Genohm organizes sport outings and sponsors sport material and event participation in order to contribute to a better health of each employee. We believe in “Mens Sana in Corpore Sano”.
Yes, we still have several open positions in our offices in Durham, NC, (USA), in Lausanne (Switzerland) and in Ghent (Belgium).
Are you an enthusiastic Developer?
- Do you want to be part of the digital revolution happening in the Laboratory space right now?
- Do you want to be part of our kick-ass development team in Switzerland?
- Do you believe that type checking is king but understand that biologists might prefer a more lenient approach?
- Do you eat lambdas for breakfast, and software patterns are your night lecture to get a good night’s sleep?
Then you have come to the right place!
We are passionate about software, open to new ideas and constantly evolving our product.
We have been building SLIMS (our main Software product) since 2010 to simplify the life of hundreds of people working in the lab environment all around the world. It is an all in one complete package which allows our customers to track samples, interact with lab equipment and offers full data lifecycle management.
To be more precise:
- Spring and Hibernate handle the server and database interactions
- We religiously use Git and code reviews to learn from each other’s mistakes and improve our Java-fu
We expect the following from you:
- You live and breath Java
- You are eager to learn and stay up to date with everything in the exciting field of software development
- You value readable, maintainable code and accept feedback from our senior developers
- Speak your mind and invest yourself in our team and the product
We don’t care what degree you have, as long as you are very talented, fanatical about programming and have the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- As many cookies and coffee (or tea) as you can eat or drink
- An exciting and dynamic startup environment
- Awesome workspace at EPFL’s Innovation park
Contact us for more info or send us your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org and hopefully, we’ll soon be discussing our common future.