Genohm, originally founded in Ghent (Belgium) in 2002 as a small two-person bio-informatics shop, re-established itself in 2011 as an EPFL Start-Up at the Innovation Park in Lausanne (Switzerland), focusing on guaranteeing compliance, traceability and big lab data management in highly complex and continuously evolving lab environments. With the successful launch of its main laboratory software automation suite, SLIMS, Genohm officially entered the lab informatics market, proudly serving a rapidly growing set of customers in widely varying research and clinical environments throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the US. Today, Genohm has offices in Lausanne, Ghent, and Durham NC and counts a workforce of 40+ highly trained software and life sciences engineers.
At Genohm we are fully aware of the importance to act in a socially responsible manner in regard to transportation. Today, we have the responsibility to travel in an economical and eco-friendly manner whenever possible.
The company supports the utilization of public transportation and e-bikes by providing incentives such as half-fare travel cards and e-bike leasing that are offered to its staff in order to reduce the environmental impact of traffic generated by the company when commuting to work. Even when we are servicing a client abroad, public transportation is our favorite transportation. We do not provide company cars but travel cards and e-bikes to our employees.
At the same time, beside eco-friendly transportation, Genohm organizes sport outings and sponsors sport material and event participation in order to contribute to a better health of each employee. We believe in “Mens Sana in Corpore Sano”.
Yes, we still have several open positions in our offices in Durham, NC, (USA), in Lausanne (Switzerland) and in Ghent (Belgium).
Are you an enthusiastic Developer?
- Do you want to be part of the digital revolution happening in the Laboratory space right now?
- Do you want to be part of our kick-ass development team in Switzerland?
- Do you believe that type checking is king but understand that biologists might prefer a more lenient approach?
- Do you eat lambdas for breakfast, and software patterns are your night lecture to get a good night’s sleep?
Then you have come to the right place!
We are passionate about software, open to new ideas and constantly evolving our product.
We have been building SLIMS (our main Software product) since 2010 to simplify the life of hundreds of people working in the lab environment all around the world. It is an all in one complete package which allows our customers to track samples, interact with lab equipment and offers full data lifecycle management.
To be more precise:
- Spring and Hibernate handle the server and database interactions
- We religiously use Git and code reviews to learn from each other’s mistakes and improve our Java-fu
We expect the following from you:
- You live and breath Java
- You are eager to learn and stay up to date with everything in the exciting field of software development
- You value readable, maintainable code and accept feedback from our senior developers
- Speak your mind and invest yourself in our team and the product
We don’t care what degree you have, as long as you are very talented, fanatical about programming and have the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- As many cookies and coffee (or tea) as you can eat or drink
- An exciting and dynamic startup environment
- Awesome workspace at EPFL’s Innovation park
Get in touch