Application Engineer Lab Software – Belgium – USA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek —- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for Applications Engineers who will work with our recently acquired Genohm SLIMS (LIMS and ELN) platform be part of our dynamic team. Labs have traditionally used pen and paper (lab notebooks) to record their activities. They printed out protocols to know what has to be done on the wet bench. Some more advanced labs even used electronic spreadsheets to record their data and do their analysis. But times have changed and technological advances require labs to move to more advanced solutions, which will automate their procedures and help them better track their activities. If you decide to join our team you will be working directly with our clients. The tasks you will be performing are varied and a creative mind is needed to be able to identify and implement customer solutions.
As a SLIMS Application Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a good relationship with our customers, for configuring our flagship platform to match the requirements of the lab, and for implementing workflows.
- You are customer focused
- You work independently, with sense of initiative and a hands-on approach
- You have a degree in life sciences or equivalent experience
- You have a strong affinity for software
- Laboratory experience whether it be in Analytical, Pharma, Biopharma, Genomics, NGS, etc is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strive to provide excellent customer support
- Able to travel up to 50% of your time
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Fluent in Java or Python with demonstrable coding skills
Starting Date: As soon as possible